Natural Therapy Treatments
At Kawai Purapura we care about your health and well being and we know that you will have unique requirements. We have an incredible team of residential therapists who understand the human body and mind; they provide a range of skills and talents that will lift your spirits, relax and revive you to help you achieve a healthier life.
Be energised and purified. Revive and unwind with a relaxation or therapeutic massage with one of our qualified practitioners as they release stress and tension to return your body to a peaceful balance.
Therapies available include:
- CranioSacral Therapy: a very gentle and light touch that releases tensions in the central nervous system. It promotes all systems in the body to relax, realign and free itself of discomfort. You are fully clothed during the session and the work is focused on the head and sacrum.
- Deep Tissue Neuromuscular: an intense form of bodywork which consists of focused, concentrated massaging on one specific area of the body. The pressure may continue for a period of up to thirty seconds at a time. It is designed to alleviate tension that extends from a “trigger point” out to an entire muscle.
- Hypnosis: a relaxed state of human mind where the subconscious mind remains awake and receptive to suggestion. It involves focused attention and full involvement so one can indeed focus on an idea, an aspect of one’s life, a dilemma or a challenge.
- Hypnotherapy: is a safe, proven, and effective tool for directly accessing the power or the subconscious mind during hypnosis.
- Prenatal Massage: personalised for mum and baby. To optimize the benefits, whatever mum feels appropriate we tend to. Prenatal massage helps guard against anemia, leg cramps, backaches, edema and fatigue. It can shorten labour and enhance the quality of one’s sleep.
- Reconnective healing (RH): is a therapy that uses the light and information exchange of the fifth dimensional energy grid to renew the human body, mind, and spirit. The RH frequencies “connect” us with higher vibrational frequencies which in turn act on our DNA and biofields. The practitioner’s role is to act a catalyst, bringing both client and (RH) frequencies together.
- Reflexology: pamper your feet with a delicious foot massage. Lay back and enjoy the stimulating effect of your feet being exfoliated, massaged and wrapped in hot towels and topped off with a hydrating peppermint moisturizer which will leave your feet feeling fluffy and light.
- Reiki: a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. “Reiki” is made of two Japanese words: Rei which means “God’s Wisdom or the Higher Power” and Ki which is “life force energy”.
- Zen Chi: the rhythmic body movement of the Zen Chi exerciser stimulates the body, opens the vertebrae, and gently exercises every joint in the body, alleviating stress and tension in the spinal column. Its wavelike motion replicates exercise (equivalent to a 4 kilometer run) and promotes the flow of blood to the capillaries in all extremities of the body, increasing circulation. Body detoxification is improved via enhanced lymphatic circulation and abdominal peristalsis.
Clinic room for rent
Suitable for councillor, therapist, homeopath, reflexology or other holistic business practice
Approximately 14m2, own entrance and patio opening doors to lawn, plenty of patient parking, disabled access, access to bathroom facilities.
Unlimited potential in the unfolding vision of New Zealand’s largest Retreat Centre: Kawai Purapura Retreat Centre.
$75 per week / selected days only.
Practitioners at Kawai Purapura include …
Revitalise your body and uplift your mind with treatments that use natural products and non-invasive procedures. Our practitioners are qualified in a number of techniques that can help improve physical and emotional problems.
Meet our team of professional, qualified practitioners. They have been chosen for their exceptional skills and ability to be truly present for their clients.
Atarangi Muru – Maori Healing and Bodywork
Atarangi Muru has trained as a Maori Healer since an early age. She offers counseling and healing services through group sessions and distance sessions (Skype, phone, email). Atarangi explains: “My name translates as ata (dawn) rangi (light). My passion for the Maori healing arts was first ignited by my elders. Today I help people return to the dawning light that is at the core of their cells and reignite the memory of wellness and joy.
“The techniques of Mirimiri and Romiromi are used to create an individually tailored session for each client. During the process of mirimiri the practitioner explores the body to discern where healing is needed. Even though we have spoken to the person (client) we are looking for the unspoken, the unknown or the forgotten. Where deep tissue bodywork is required Romiromi is activated. Romiromi may involve the use of elbows, hands, knees, feet, sticks, stones and sea water. More than one practitioner at a time may also work on a client.”
Atarangi mobile: 021 167 6734 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Barbara Reardon – Psychotherapist
Barbara offers 30 years of experience as a psychotherapist working with individuals, relationships, businesses and therapeutic groups. Barabara says, “It was a yearning to investigate my own anxious tendencies and to integrate and reconcile my life history that led to becoming a registered psychotherapist.”
Barbara mobile: 021 295 2458 email: email@example.com
Tony Reardon – Psychotherapist
Tony found that training as a psychotherapist was a natural development following his former career as an artist. The training helped him attend to his own growth and healing. Tony is particularly interested in facilitating the ability of his clients to attend to their own growth and development. In recent years he has been teaching his clients the skills of Mindfulness, which is mindful attention to the present moment.
Tony mobile: 021 067 0974 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chewy Wilson – Reflexology
Chewy offers a nice relaxing foot massage or a diagnostic foot/health treatment. Chewy explains: “I offer both kinds of reflexology and can help you understand physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels using points in the feet that relate to points in the body. I also work with the endocrine system, which is like a recharge for your body’s battery.”
Chewy’s mobile: 0274 334 627 email: email@example.com
Frank Panapa – Massage, Traditional Chinese and Aurvedic Medicine
Frank explains “I offer a variety of natural therapies to assist clients in reconnecting and putting them back in touch with the health and vitality of their body. Therapies include traditional Chinese medicine, Ayurvedic medicine and Yoga Therapies. These are designed to restore depleted energy levels, cleanse toxicity, soothe bodily aches and pains, revitalize and de-stress your body, mind and soul.”
Personalized treatment plans are designed for each client, which include hot oil ayurvedic massages, acupuncture, herbal medicine prescriptions, nutritional plans and appropriate lifestyle changes depending on their current condition.
Frank phone: 09 889 0551 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Isabel – Reiki Energy Work
Isabel is a certified third degree Reiki Healer. She has been doing meditation and yoga for many years and was called to learn Reiki two years ago. Since then she has treated many people during different events, workshops and one-on-one. Isabel is offering Reiki Healing in the clinic at Kawai Purapura. She loves to share the “Reiki Love”. Come and experience the “limitless universal energy”!
Isabel mobile: 022 038 8680 email: email@example.com
Lindi O’Connor A. Dip.M.T. – Massage and Reflexology
Lindi O’Connor is a Body-Mind Massage therapist with over 30 years experience in the field in various countries. She is certified in Deep Tissue, Relaxation, Reflexology, and Sports and Therapeutic Massage.
Lindi has discovered how profoundly our bodies react to stress and stored emotions, a natural result of “everyday life”, and how this can be reduced by touch and massage – combined with an ability to “listen” and feel the body’s pain. “Bones, muscles, and cellular tissues hold memories of emotional events and life’s stress. Through varied massage techniques we release tension and pain, freeing and healing the “embodied mind.”
Lindi mobile: 021 252 4749 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phillip Cox – Reconnective Healing, Hypnotherapy, Reiki, Tarot readings, Meditation
Philip has a broad range of offerings to assist clients on their journey which include:
The intelligent healing light frequencies of Reconnective Healing. “De-programme” Hypnotherapy created to help you have the control in your lifes journey. Price is assessed by each individuals needs. Reiki – offering over 20 years experience. Tarot readings based on the Zen way of life as espoused by OSHO. Meditation – having trained for long periods himself, Philip offers support using the basics of true and traditional Vipassana. He offers the meditation as a free to everyone.
Phillip’s mobile: 0220 155 948 email: email@example.com