The Kawai Purapura Integrated Yoga Teacher Training Programs are flexible, affordable courses designed for the working person. We have chosen specialist teachers and designed the programs to support you in an in-depth and comprehensive exploration of each of the eight limbs of yoga.
The 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training provides excellent foundations in human anatomy and movement, increases your awareness and understanding of the postures and ensures your teaching is appropriate and safe. The 200 Hour is a foundation for teaching program. The 500 Hour Teacher Training refines and expands your expertise and proficiency in teaching and deepens your personal practice.
All course modes are held at Kawai Purapura, Albany, North Shore, just 20 minutes from Auckland CBD and 40 minutes from Auckland International Airport.
Your Questions Answered … Come to our Meet The Teachers … dates to be announced for August open classes.
Kawai Purapura Integrated Yoga
Your learning will include:
- The value of experiencing and investigating Functional Yoga
- Spinal Awareness and practices for Spinal Health
- Fluid Support – Breath and Vinyasa Flow – The Art of Salute To the Sun
- Finding The Ground – Yielding, Gravity, Breath. Theory and Practice
- Stability, Balance, Neutrality – Foundations and Moving through the Field of Stillness
- Teaching Inversions – Fundamentals, Safety, Contra-Indications, Set up.
Yoga Alliance Accredited Teacher Training
Graduates of Kawai Purapura Yoga Teacher Training courses can apply for international accreditation through Yoga Alliance:
We offer training in two segments, 200 hours and 300 hours, permitting teachers that complete their trainings to become either a RYT 200 or a RYT 500, depending on the level of training completed.
See more details at www.yogaalliance.org
Key Benefits of Kawai Purapura Yoga Teacher Training
- Flexible Training options. Weekends and intensives available.
- Experience the synergy of a team of highly experienced teachers
- A thorough and comprehensive holistic curriculum
- Transform your yoga practice through investigation and enquiry
- Strengthen your teaching skills through a mentored apprenticeship
- Yoga Alliance accreditation for both 200 Hour and 500 Hour
- Grow your qualification level: Option to build on the 200 hour foundation to become a 500 hour teacher, and cross credit into an 720 hour NZQA Yoga Qualification with Wellpark College
Dates for 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training 2014/16
You can choose from our Weekend or Intensive Modes.
Weekend Mode (9 weekends over four months) – Autumn 2015
INTAKE FULL – WAITLIST ONLY
A. Developmental Movement Patterns in Yoga
May 9-10 :: May 23-24 :: June 6-7 :: 2015
B. The Nuts and Bolts of Asanas
June 20-21 :: July 4-5 :: July 25-26 :: 2015
C. Learning to Teach
August 8-9 :: August 22-23 :: Sept 5-6
Intensive (two 9-day intensives) – Winter /Spring 2015
PART 1: July 11th–19th, 2015
PART 2: September 12th–20th, 2015
Intensive 20-Day – Summer 2016
January 12th–January 31st, 2016
International Yoga Teachers coming to Kawai Purapura
Kawai Purapura’s Yoga Teacher Training – both 200-Hour and 500-Hour – is pleased to announce advanced negotiations with international teachers, who will join the training sessions as guest tutors.
Special International Guest Tutor Lisa Petersen will be at Kawai Purapura on April 18-19, with a workshop on skeletal support.
Lisa explains: “Understanding how bones mediate the dance between gravity and space leads to impeccably refined alignment in Yoga asana and the ability to self-align in any pose. We will investigate the central principles of how support precedes movement and articulation precedes integration, using somatic and developmental principles of movement in both the appendicular and axial skeleton. We will also examine how to maintain a calm spine by respecting skeletal integrity in asana as well as problem solving and the use of intelligent counter-posing and appropriate modifications.”
Costs and Payment
All 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training programs at Kawai Purapura are the same price, whether Weekend mode or Intensives.
$3,450 full price BUT $2,950 early bird
Save $500 with Early Bird on any course!
Early Bird closes 4 weeks prior to any course start date.
PLUS: all Early Bird tickets can be used for Half Price registration for the International Yoga Festivals at Kawai Purapura!
You can make payment online via Eventbrite (click here) or bank transfer.FULL 200-HOUR DETAILS
Dates for 500-Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training 2015
Modules can be taken individually for Personal Development and as Advanced Training by experienced students and teachers.
The 4 modules in this program are designed to provide a deeper understanding of all aspects of yoga, with emphasis on Yoga Therapy, and to facilitate teaching to all levels and conditions of students.
The 500-Hour program is run in module mode, each being a set of two 4-day weekends.
Applied Yoga Therapeutics
April 17th-20th and May 15th-18th, 2015
- Working one-to-one with individual clients
- Case studies
- Buddhist Theory and Practice
- This workshop will include a weekend with Lisa Peterson
See more details on Lisa in the column at left.
Developmental Movement Patterns
June 12th-15th and June 26th-29th, 2015
- Deeper explorations into primary movement patterns
- Relating yoga practices to the organ systems of the body
- Deeper into Patanjali’s Sutras
- Meditating with the body
- Body-Mind centering practices
Applied Yoga Therapy
October 9th-12th and October 30th – November 2nd, 2015
- Structural, postural and muscular aspects of asanas
- Functional impairement scenarios
- Buddhist Tantra philosophy & practice
- Applied teaching practice
2016 dates to be announced. Module includes:
- Leading Restorative Yoga classes
- Deeper into the Bhagavad Gita
- The Nervous System
- The Breathing Body
- Yoga Nidra
Costs and Payment
Early Bird price for each Module is $1,237.50.FULL 500-HOUR DETAILS