The Kawai Purapura Integrated Yoga Teacher Training Programs are flexible, affordable courses designed for the working person. We have chosen specialist teachers and designed the programs to support you in an in-depth and comprehensive exploration of each of the eight limbs of yoga.
The 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training provides excellent foundations in human anatomy and movement, increases your awareness and understanding of the postures and ensures your teaching is appropriate and safe. The 200 Hour is a foundation for teaching program. The 500 Hour Teacher Training refines and expands your expertise and proficiency in teaching and deepens your personal practice.
All course modes are held at Kawai Purapura, Albany, North Shore, just 20 minutes from Auckland CBD and 40 minutes from Auckland International Airport.
Your Questions Answered … Come to our Meet The Teachers … dates to be announced for August open classes.
Kawai Purapura Integrated Yoga
Your learning will include:
- The value of experiencing and investigating Functional Yoga
- Spinal Awareness and practices for Spinal Health
- Fluid Support – Breath and Vinyasa Flow – The Art of Salute To the Sun
- Finding The Ground – Yielding, Gravity, Breath. Theory and Practice
- Stability, Balance, Neutrality – Foundations and Moving through the Field of Stillness
- Teaching Inversions – Fundamentals, Safety, Contra-Indications, Set up.
Yoga Alliance Accredited Teacher Training
Graduates of Kawai Purapura Yoga Teacher Training courses can apply for international accreditation through Yoga Alliance:
We offer training in two segments, 200 hours and 300 hours, permitting teachers that complete their trainings to become either a RYT 200 or a RYT 500, depending on the level of training completed.
See more details at www.yogaalliance.org
Key Benefits of Kawai Purapura Yoga Teacher Training
- Flexible Training options. Weekends and intensives available.
- Experience the synergy of a team of highly experienced teachers
- A thorough and comprehensive holistic curriculum
- Transform your yoga practice through investigation and enquiry
- Strengthen your teaching skills through a mentored apprenticeship
- Yoga Alliance accreditation for both 200 Hour and 500 Hour
- Grow your qualification level: Option to build on the 200 hour foundation to become a 500 hour teacher, and cross credit into an 720 hour NZQA Yoga Qualification with Wellpark College
Dates for 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training 2014/16
You can choose from our Weekend or Intensive Modes.
Intensive 20-Day – Summer 2015
January 28th–February 16th, 2015
Weekend Mode (9 weekends over four months) – Autumn 2015
A. Developmental Movement Patterns in Yoga
May 9-10 :: May 23-24 :: June 6-7 :: 2015
B. The Nuts and Bolts of Asanas
June 20-21 :: July 4-5 :: July 25-26 :: 2015
C. Learning to Teach
August 8-9 :: August 22-23 :: Sept 5-6
Intensive (two 9-day intensives) – Winter /Spring 2015
PART 1: July 11th–19th, 2015
PART 2: September 12th–20th, 2015
Intensive 20-Day – Summer 2016
January 12th–January 31st, 2016
International Yoga Teachers coming to Kawai Purapura
Kawai Purapura’s Yoga Teacher Training – both 200-Hour and 500-Hour – is pleased to announce advanced negotiations with international teachers, who will join the training sessions as guest tutors.
Leila Stuart from Canada teaches a three year Yoga Therapy course in Vancouver which always has a wait list. Leila is a close associate of Donna Farhi, who has said “Leila has exceptional skills as a Yoga teacher and therapist, with a strong emphasis on practical, experiential anatomy. Leila is one teacher who I would like to study with more often.”
Leila Stuart will be at Kawai Purapura on the weekend of 31st Jan – 1st Feb 2015 as part of our 200-Hour training program.
Costs and Payment
All 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training programs at Kawai Purapura are the same price, whether Weekend mode or Intensives.
$3,450 full price BUT $2,950 early bird
Save $500 with Early Bird on any course!
Early Bird closes 4 weeks prior to any course start date.
PLUS: all Early Bird tickets can be used for Half Price registration for the International Yoga Festivals at Kawai Purapura!
You can make payment online via Eventbrite (click here) or bank transfer.FULL 200-HOUR DETAILS
Dates for 500-Hour Yoga Teacher Training 2014/15
We are now taking applications for the 500 hour Yoga Teachers Training Program. This 300 hour program will run as four distinct modules, each consisting of two x four-day weekends.
The modules can be taken in any order. Prerequisite: a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training.
The 500-Hour program is a module mode, running in blocks of four day weekends
Module 3 – Restorative Yoga
March 6th-9th and March 20-23rd, 2105
- Leading Restorative Yoga classes
- Deeper into the Bhagavad Gita
- The Nervous System
- The Breathing Body
- Yoga Nidra
This workshop include a weekend with Fuyuko Toyota, a certified iRest Yoga Nidra® teacher and Hatha Yoga teacher. Having directly learned from inspirational teachers like Richard Miller, TKV Desikachar, Judith Hanson-Lasater, and Donna Farhi, Fuyuko has developed a unique Hatha yoga style that reflects the broad spiritual application of yogic philosophy, beyond mere physical exercise.
Module 4 – Yoga Teaching, Presentation and Applied Yoga Therapeutics
April 17th-20th and May 1st-4th, 2015
- Working with individual Clients
- Voice-Sound workshops
- Case studies
- Applied Tantric practices
Module 1 – Developmental Movement Patterns
June 12th-15th and June 26th-29th, 2015
- Deeper explorations into primary movement patterns
- Relating yoga practices to the organ systems of the body
- Deeper into Patanjali’s Sutras
- Meditating with the body
- Body-Mind centering practices
Module 2 – Applied Yoga Therapy
October 9th-12th and October 30th – November 2nd, 2015
- Structural, postural and muscular aspects of asanas
- Functional impairement scenarios
- Buddhist Tantra philosophy & practice
- Applied teaching practice
Costs and Payment
Early Bird price for each Module is $1,237.50.FULL 500-HOUR DETAILS