The Kawai Purapura Integrated Yoga Teacher Training Programs are flexible, affordable courses designed for the working person. We have chosen specialist teachers and designed the programs to support you in an in-depth and comprehensive exploration of each of the eight limbs of yoga.
The 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training provides excellent foundations in human anatomy and movement, increases your awareness and understanding of the postures and ensures your teaching is appropriate and safe. The 200 Hour is a foundation for teaching program. The 500 Hour Teacher Training refines and expands your expertise and proficiency in teaching and deepens your personal practice.
All course modes are held at Kawai Purapura, Albany, North Shore, just 20 minutes from Auckland CBD and 40 minutes from Auckland International Airport.
Your Questions Answered … Come to our Meet The Teachers … dates to be announced for August open classes.
Kawai Purapura Integrated Yoga
Your learning will include:
- The value of experiencing and investigating Functional Yoga
- Spinal Awareness and practices for Spinal Health
- Fluid Support – Breath and Vinyasa Flow – The Art of Salute To the Sun
- Finding The Ground – Yielding, Gravity, Breath. Theory and Practice
- Stability, Balance, Neutrality – Foundations and Moving through the Field of Stillness
- Teaching Inversions – Fundamentals, Safety, Contra-Indications, Set up.
Yoga Alliance Accredited Teacher Training
Graduates of Kawai Purapura Yoga Teacher Training courses can apply for international accreditation through Yoga Alliance:
200 hour accreditation as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200) 500 hour accreditation as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 500) See more details at www.yogaalliance.org
Key Benefits of Kawai Purapura Yoga Teacher Training
- Flexible Training options. Weekends and intensives available.
- Experience the synergy of a team of highly experienced teachers
- A thorough and comprehensive holistic curriculum
- Transform your yoga practice through investigation and enquiry
- Strengthen your teaching skills through a mentored apprenticeship
- Yoga Alliance accreditation for both 200 Hour and 500 Hour
- Grow your qualification level: Option to build on the 200 hour foundation to become a 500 hour teacher, and cross credit into an 720 hour NZQA Yoga Qualification with Wellpark College
Dates for 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training 2014/16
You can choose from our Weekend or Intensive Modes.
Level 1 Intensive (two 9-day intensives) – Winter/Spring 2014
PART 1: July 5th–13th, 2014
PART 2: September 6th–14th, 2014
(intensives use same course structure as Weekend mode below)
Level 1 Intensive 20-Day – Summer 2015
January 28th–February 16th, 2015
Level 1 Weekend Mode (9 weekends over four months) – Autumn 2015
A. Developmental Movement Patterns in Yoga
May 9-10 :: May 23-24 :: June 6-7 :: 2015
B. The Nuts and Bolts of Asanas
June 20-21 :: July 4-5 :: July 25-26 :: 2015
C. Learning to Teach
August 8-9 :: August 22-23 :: Sept 5-6
Level 1 Intensive (two 9-day intensives) – Winter /Spring 2015
PART 1: July 11th–19th, 2015
PART 2: September 12th–20th, 2015
Level 1 Intensive 20-Day – Summer 2016
January 12th–January 31st, 2016
200-HOUR BOOKINGS COURSE REGISTRATION FORM
Course Content 200 Hours
Part A consists of a 180 hour intensive program which covers:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Biomechanics of Yoga
- Postural analysis and Yoga Therapy
- Pranayama and Meditation
- Yoga Philosophy and Psychology
- Teaching skills and teaching practice
Part B consists of a further 40 hours:
- Teaching apprenticeship with a primary teacher
- Record and Analysis of your personal practice
- Record and Analysis of public classes
- Workbook homework covering yoga philosophy, anatomy and physiology, etc.
Daily Schedule 200 Hours
The sessions start at 7:30 am and finishes at 6:30 pm each day.
An Example of the Daily Schedule
7:30-9:00 am Asana Class with key focus.
9:30-11:30 Yoga Philosophy & Applied Yoga
11:30-1:30pm Methodologies & Technologies
2:30-4:30pm Anatomy & Physiology
4:30-6:30 pm Practical Applications & Teaching skillsDETAILED 200 HOUR TIMETABLE
Code of Ethics
Dates for 500-Hour Yoga Teacher Training 2014/15
We are now taking applications for the 500 hour Yoga Teachers Training Program. This 300 hour program will run as four distinct modules, each consisting of two x four-day weekends.
The modules can be taken in any order. Prerequisite: a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training.
The 500-Hour program is a module mode, running in blocks of four day weekends
Module 1 – Developmental Movement Patterns
October 10-13th and October 31st -November 3rd, 2014
- Deeper explorations into primary movement patterns
- Relating yoga practices to the organ systems of the body
- Deeper into Patanjali’s Sutras
- Meditating with the body
- Body-Mind centering practices
Module 2 – Applied Yoga Therapy
November 21st -24th and December 5th – 8th, 2014
- Structural, postural and muscular aspects of asanas
- Functional impairement scenarios
- Buddhist Tantra philosophy & practice
- Applied teaching practice
Module 3 – Restorative Yoga
March 6th-9th and March 20-23rd, 2105
- Leading Restorative Yoga classes
- Deeper into the Bhagavad Gita
- The Nervous System
- The Breathing Body
- Yoga Nidra
Module 4 – Yoga Teaching, Presentation and Applied Yoga Therapeutics
April 17th -20th and May 1st -4th, 2015
- Working with individual Clients
- Voice-Sound workshops
- Case studies
- Applied Tantric practices
FULL 500-HOUR DETAILS 500-HOUR BOOKINGS COURSE REGISTRATION FORM